As compensation lawyers, we are not to advertise personal injury and compensation legal services in NSW and QLD due to the operation of relevant law- unless we are providing legal advices to our existing clients.

To proceed to the rest of the website, please choose from the 3 options below.

Alternatively, at any time, you may email your enquiry to or call us on 9797 8688

Property Dispute

In a separation, it is best practice to enter into a financial agreement on the distribution of property and assets if no such agreements had previously been entered to. Upon application, the Court may grant a maintenance order in certain circumstances, such as when the applicant is unable to support him or herself, or when the applicant has the care and control of children of the marriage. In some states including New South Wales, a party to a de facto relationship may be entitled to property and/or maintenance.

In order for a financial agreement to be enforceable, several conditions must be met. There are also some restrictions on the provisions of financial agreements. It is best to seek legal advice when drafting an agreement.

Alternatively, the parties may seek a Consent Order from the court effecting the same. A consent order may provide for other matters such as the custody of children. A court will determine whether a proposed consent order is “just and equitable”, and afford paramount consideration to the welfare of the child. Once granted, the consent order has the effect of a court order, a party in breach of which would be liable in contempt.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any issues in this regard. Our specialist expertise can provide you with reliable and personalised solutions aiming at achieving the best possible outcome at the most reasonable costs.

You can contact us through:

Tel: (02) 9267 1112
Fax: (02) 9267 1113
Address: Office 2202, Level 22, 31 Market Street Sydney NSW 2000